Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Easy as 1, 2, .... uh....where was I?

I know we're not all mathematically gifted. And counting to higher numbers can be tough. However, if you're going to try to catch a seller in a "lie" you might actually want to be sure you know how to count to 100 correctly. This little gem came from a listing of mine. Here are the pictures from the listing:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a boring enough, simple enough, little item - just a chore chart for kids. It's a simple board with magnets, right? Yes, well, here's the question I got:

Hi, You've described that in your auction there is over 100 pieces, but looks like there are some pieces missing. I counted all the pieces that you've had and it looks like there is 80 pieces, not 100. Can you please clarify that for me? Thank you

Seriously? Someone shopping on eBay first off, has enough time to count the tiny magnets in the picture, then enough time to email the seller and bother them? If you feel as though I'm trying to pull one over on you, here's a hint: Don't Bid. Simple, right? Also, if you're going to be petty about the details a seller includes, learn to count properly. Also realize there are two pictures. And there are magnets on both sides of the board.

My reply, which, trust me, is as nice as I could manage:

There are actually 102 pieces on the item, plus the board itself, so 103 total - there are 7 progress magnets per style, and 10 styles. So there's 70 pieces right there. Then there's 10 reward/finish pieces per style - so 80 now. Then there are 18 pre-printed goal magnets, 98 total now, and 4 blank goal magnets (they're white, so hard to see) so that's 102 total. Add in the board itself, and you have 103. That's over 100 pieces.

Really, buyers, why the need to play "Gotcha!" games with all sellers? We're not all out to get you. Some of us are just honestly selling some of the stuff our family barely used in hopes of making a little extra money to cover the bills. I almost didn't reply, because I was just plain insulted. I wanted to reply, "Ok, just don't buy it then." Once I started counting, though, I was laughing so hard that I knew I had to reply, and I knew I had to post the question to my listing for all future viewers to see. And this blog was also born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it....leave me a comment. Agree? Disagree??