Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tales of the Weird

A friend of mine sent this to me, so I don't have the exact wording, but it's too funny not to snark on it!

She was selling a pair of sweat pants, and she had a buyer who asked what the inseam was. On a pair of sweat pants. Seriously? I mean, I get the tall person thing - I'm a tall woman, I buy talls when I can. But I also know that uh - sweat pants generally do not come with inseam measurements. Nor do they come with a waist measurement. Because of that whole elastic waist thing.

So my friend replied that the pants were just sold as such-and-such size, and not as a waist/length measurement like jeans - and the buyer replied asking her to whip out her tape measure to find out the inseam.

Ok, seriously? If inseam length is this important to you, why are you wearing sweat pants? I'm not against sweat pants, but really, if fashion is this important, then um - find more stylish pants. Or go shop in the petite or the tall catalog.

And really, don't most sweat pants have elastic ankles? Aren't they pretty much self-adjusting anyway? If they're too short, they're crops - too long, they're bunched up. End of story. Get over it. They're a 99-cent bid item on eBay, and, once again, they're SWEAT PANTS.

2 comments:

  1. gee I wonder who was aksed that? LOL Same sweatpants, I was also asked if they had pockets.
    Apparently there is a world out there of "fashion" sweatpants we are not aware of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! Seriously - where are people wearing their sweat pants?? I won't wear them out of the house unless it's just to drop the kids off and I won't be seen. So really, inseam and pockets won't matter....

    ReplyDelete

Let me have it....leave me a comment. Agree? Disagree??